Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February Birchbox Review

#ChristmasEveryMonth...Every month I watch the sneak previews and then what everyone thinks of their boxes and it never fails that we have some negative Nancy's up in their not happy with their products. This girl has been happy all 3 months now. BAM! 

{all pictures are personal, because that's how I roll}

So this beauty came in the mail super early this month and I wasn't complaining. 
You can track its progress after it ships through the Birchbox app and I stalk that thing until it is on my door step.

This month Birchbox teamed up with US Weekly and it was super corny, but I love corny so we are soulmates.
Side Note: I applied at Birchbox (which is in NYC, ah!) and those crazy people never contacted me.
1. They don't know what they are missing
2. They probably found my blog and that's why I will never get a job, ha!

{one}
Smashbox Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette:
I bought myself an Urban Decay palette last month and have loved it! 
When I got this sample smachbox palette I was all like, "Ain't no way this will be better," and I was right. 
It wasn't better or worse it was just different from that palette. 
The top row has all of their sparkle shadows and the bottom has their matte.
I actually did get compliments when I wore it and felt like a baller makeup artist when I put it on. 
Full Size- $49

{two}
 Eleven Skin Refresh Cleanser: 
Guys I can only wash my face once a day unless it is an OCD day in which I go crazy and wash until I'm blood red, ha BUT I received the best cleanser ever last month so unless their was magic in this white can I wasn't going to be happy with it.
Well I opened and used it and no magic so this I'm going to pass on. 
It kind of smells like butt to.
Full Size- $30 (not worth it)

{three}
Agave Healing Oil Treatment (Hair):
I actually liked this. It didn't make my hair greasy and it smells pretty decent (not like butt yet not like flowers)
I give it a thumb up. 
Full Size- $24- $40 (I don't know why they give a range unless there is multiple sizes which may be the case, but I'm to lazy to look into that for you, sorry!)

{four}
 OPI Tinted Top Coat:
If you can't tell by the picture this has a redish/pinkish tint to it.
I was a fan. I have been waiting to get top coat so I didn't have to buy one myself. 
I just wore it by itself for the first day to see how it wore and loved it.
Full Size- $9

{five}
Smachbox Full Exposure Mascara:
This is by far the best mascara I have ever owned. 
I'm going to blame it on the hugh freaking brush. 
That thing is scary heading towards your eye.
Full Size-$19.50 (I personally think this is sooo worth it!)

This is just the breakdown of each product if you watch to know a little more about any of them!

I have officially done enough reviews to receive $10 to spend in the Birchbox store, but I think I'm going to save up my points for a few more months and buy something a little bigger! If anyone wants a reference for a subscription email me! 

Angi

11 comments:

  1. Wow, Birchbox are really upping their game!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I am loving that eye shadow palette! I don't usually buy those because I feel like I wouldn't use half the colors, but I actually like everything in that one. I need to get on the Birch Box bandwagon, apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oil treatment sounds good, my hair needs it. The mascara looks good too, glad it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAH I literally started laughing at my desk when I read "that thing is scary heading towards your eye." Guess thats what I get for blogging at work!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of the nail polish and mascara!!!! Not of the stuff that smells like ass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh love the look of that topcoat - i've never had a tinted topcoat before. what a good idea.
    -- jackie - jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want that mascara. I wonder if they have samples of it at Sephora... I should go ask!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aren't you the one that calls it the b*tch box? because that's what i call it now, lol
    i have that palette and imo the lorac pro is so much better. i can't stand the sparkle shades.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at all that Smashbox stuff! And that top coat! What! I wish Birch Box shipped to Canada. I get Ipsy but I think I'd prefer the B Box.

    ReplyDelete

Has anyone told you that you are AWESOME today? Well I just did. Thanks for the support, comments, and general amazingness. Keep being great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...