Friday, August 23, 2013

DIY: Bottlecaps

About a year ago I started collecting as many beer bottle caps as I could get my hands on. It was definitely a group effort between Josh the biggest contributor, my parents, and especially his parents who are also big beer drinkers. Being college students we just stole them from bars and friends. My original goal was to make coasters for my college apartment. I figured you only have 4 years to have trashy decor in your apartment and have it be acceptable and I wanted to participate. BUT this never happened so I graduated with about 2000 bottle caps and nothing to do with them...

I started to brainstorm what to do with them and decided a house warming gift from my boyfriend was necessary. I wanted to find a way for it to be considered art rather than just a bunch of beer bottle caps soooo this is what I came up with. 

{picture via personal photo}
I used the Detroit D and painted it onto a black piece of scrapbook paper with just a white paint marker. I also bought a shadow box to put it in, and glued the bottle caps around the D. I think it turned out pretty good and Josh really liked it!

Sorry for the lack of pictures this was from the days before blogging. 

I have some future bottle cap goals since I have SO MANY left. These are some ideas I found from Pinterest. I'm thinking lots of Christmas gifts!
{pictures via Pinterest}





No comments:

Post a Comment

Has anyone told you that you are AWESOME today? Well I just did. Thanks for the support, comments, and general amazingness. Keep being great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...