Thursday, August 1, 2013

DIY: Stripes or Chevron?

I've recently taken the BIG plunge and moved in with my boyfriend, Joshua, in Detroit, MI! BUT he is already being moved to Kentucky in the very near future, where I will be following close behind in hopes of having better luck with the job market there. He has decided renting a house is more suitable with our current situation of never knowing when we will be moved, so the house hunt begins. This exciting new adventure of moving into our first actually house rather than apartments, has me excited about finally being able to paint!

I've been Pinterest-ing(pretty sure I just made that into the verb that it is not) like a mad women trying to find everything from painting tips to paint ideas! I am currently on a stripes or chevron kick. Josh will of course have the final say, but he says I can do the painting (which I love).

{picture via Pinterest}

I love the colors of this wall!
{picture via DIY Instructions}

I am possibly the least decisive person to grace this Earth, so deciding between not only chevron on stripes, but then what kind of chevron, what color, what wall, what room, it all sends my head spinning and my anxiety rising. And this is why Josh gets the final say!

I adore these colors
{picture via Indulgy}

We are almost completely set on black and tan stripes on one accent wall
I think this look is so classy! And will look great with our furniture!

Now my next question was how the heck am I everrr going to pull off either putting chevron or even the stripes on the wall without the lines looking horrible...so I googled and googled and searched DIY blogs and the solution...Frog Tape. That's the company name, but their heavenly product is called ShapeTape. The website includes instructional videos on every possible step and ideas on colors and designs (which my indecisiveness loves). 


This was move in weekend so excuse the mess, but this is our current living room, I think black and tan to match the carpet with either a chevron or stripe pattern would look perfect on an accent wall in our new home! Pictures will follow as we transform our first home!
{via personal photo}

4 comments:

  1. I love both looks! I can't choose a favorite!! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll be sure to post my progress! Make sure you follow to see my progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done and done! Your blog is so fun! Hope you'll follow me back!

    ReplyDelete

Has anyone told you that you are AWESOME today? Well I just did. Thanks for the support, comments, and general amazingness. Keep being great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...